Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Weekend in Maryland

Shawn and I had the pleasure of spending this past weekend in Maryland! It was a dream! In fact, it went by so quickly that it still feels like a dream. I woke up this morning back in Provo apartment and felt like the whole thing had never happened! But it did, and it was wonderful!

My mom has been a complete doll. She spent the last month putting together an engagement party for Shawn and me since we won't get a to have a reception in Maryland after the wedding. It was so good to have a chance to show Shawn off to all of my friends and the people and families I have looked up to my whole life. He was perfect....I fell ever more in love with him through the whole thing.

Here are some pictures to share. The food was amazing...but of course we wouldn't expect anything less from Sylvia Suhaka. Thank you mom! The decorations were a adaptation of what they will be like at the wedding. My mom had the idea to have little card stands placed through out the house with little facts about Shawn and I and about Shawn's life since they don't know him yet. That was a hit! The whole night was just so perfect and so fun!
I made this last minute to put outside to make it obvious which house it was. I think it's kinda pretty. :)

My honey with all the yummy cakes for dessert..his favorite part of the evening...

The centerpiece on the main food table. This is kind of what will be on our tables for the wedding luncheon.




This is an example of the cards that were all over the house. it was nice because they sparked conversation topics for Shawn with all of the people he didn't know.


We got gifted... :) We were overwhelmed with people's generosity! We couldn't believe how thoughtful everyone was. We really are humbled...



Shawn and I after the party. I'm sure you can tell we were pretty exhausted. You should have seen my mom! :)

Thank you to everyone who helped us put the evening together and who came to celebrate with us! Now we are counting down! Thirty-two days until the Big Day!

0 comments: